Welcome to Ayesha's World!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hard work paying off ... My first book


I just got my first royalty paycheck for the sales of my book, "The Sorrowful Muse by the Candlelight" so I am very happy ... it has little to do with the amount but more-so with the satisfaction of hard work paying off. :)

I proof read my book all by myself... that was the toughest part, reading each line with peeled eyes for mistakes... its amazing how you can overlook mistakes while reading! I probably proof read my entire manuscript about 4 times. Whew! There were times when I wanted to pull my hair out!

I also did not take the help of any editor. Every single sentence in my book is original and completely my own. I once read somewhere that if you read the original manuscript by an author and then the edited one, you would be surprised at the complete makeover that an editor can do to your writing. I had the option of having an editor help me but then I wouldn't feel that great if someone complimented my writing because I would be taking credit for something that wasnt completely my own.








8 comments:

  1. Ayesha !!! thumbs up ! Congratulations ! Just the thought of doing the proof reading all by yourself(and that too 4 times) is scary..You are a Natural and distinguished MashAllah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the witness of this book, my wife used to work on her book on her laptop every single night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how much hard work you have put into making the book a reality!! Its really a pleasure reading all the stories included in the book which is the first one of more then a dozen yet to come, inshaAllah :)
    Saby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cngratttssss!!! :)) Heartiest congratulations on your splendid work,for the famous book "The Sorrowful Muse by the Candlelight" :)
    and of course, no doubt that your success is the outcome of your hard work. :)

    Regards,
    Fida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Keep on excelling

    ReplyDelete
  6. hard work does pay off :)
    from....... once a fb friend.... actually i never was :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratz - Good to know that your book is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete